Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been fishing Town Lake the last 2 months, I 35 to  S. Lamar bridge just about every weekend. Been too lazy to report. Dec. and early Jan. water temps. were staying pretty warm for winter. 55 to near 60.  Catching fish shallow and deep. Using jigs, t-rig, spot
remover jig head with worms, and drop shots. Green pumpkin colors, deep running cranks and shad color flukes for the
drop-shot. Numbers of fish good but size smaller keepers. Since the last 2 big cold fronts, fish have moved deep.
Water temp.  48 to 50 degrees. Staying along the river channel, sharp drop offs have produced good size fish, 2.5 to 4 lb.  on the drop-shot.I did catch 2 good fish shallow 6-10 ft. on a jig, black/green pumpkin trailer.  Bridges producing some fish,
S. First bridge more than the others.  Looking forward to see what this front does to the fish.

· Registered
1,346 Posts
557C7C46497C7C757C6B190 said:
How do you fish Lady Bird?  From a bass boat or from a small vessel?  Would you be interested in being the local expert on LBL for www.TheAnglingChannel.com Doing regular shows from Lady Bird itself.  If you are a guide you will see returns on your efforts.

Lee Peeler
[email protected]
Who me?  If so.....I fish LBL from a WS ride 135 (kayak).  I am not sure if I would be interested or not.  I have done some stuff for WFN so being on camera is not a big deal.  What I would be worried about is having some of my holes on camera.  Last thing I need is everyone and their dog knowing where that one isolated boulder, small drop, transition or some other feature is that holds giant fish out there.  I have fished that lake almost exclusively for the past 2 years to learn it...and think I finally have her figured out.  That would be tough to give up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.