· Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Body of Water:  LBL (Town Lake)
Weather Conditions: 57 degrees/rainy
Water Conditions: Slight Stain 2-3ft visibility
Date(s) Fished:Morning of 10/11/09

Details of Trip:
Decided to take the ride on her maiden voyage.  Arrived at AHS at about 6:30 to find Steve G & Clyde (AKF Members) already there.  Went down to Barton Springs.....nothing for me, but Steve G picked picked up two on a topwater.   Continued down to the RR bridge.  Steve stopped to fish and I went on down to the rock line.  Picked up a 2 lber on a strike King 4S.  Throw the rock line for a while with no other takers.  Start heading back up to the bridges when the sky opened up.  Luckily I was under the bridge.  Took the opportunity to get out and stretch the legs, tie on some new baits and put on the frog togs.  Rained pretty hard for about 30 mins and then it was off and on.  Started throwing a 3/4 oz red lipless crankbait and pick up a 2.5 lber.  Switch over to the 4S and pick up a 4lber.  Two casts later, damn near get the pole ripped out of my hand.  Feels like a really nice fish......and then she was gone.  By that time the rain had picked back up so I decided to call it a day at about 11.  All things considered.....not that bad of a day.  

Here is a shot of my biggest

· Registered
349 Posts
Fished out there from the yak today from 8-11. Caught my PB Guad early at the ped bridge on a TR rattlesnake. She went almost 17" and was a little over 2.5lbs. When I first saw her, I was thinking about a possible lake record guad, but missed it by and inch and half a pound.

Also caught a few dinks near the mopac bridge.

Overall, a slow day. Loved catching that nice Guad, but thought the fishing would be much better with that front coming through today. Probably got out there a little late.

· Registered
993 Posts
596F657C6E6C7B7F6065656C56486E6E606C090 said:
Fished out there from the yak today from 8-11.  Caught my PB Guad early at the ped bridge on a TR rattlesnake.  She went almost 17" and was a little over 2.5lbs.  When I first saw her, I was thinking about a possible lake record guad, but missed it by and inch and half a pound.  

Also caught a few dinks near the mopac bridge.  

Overall, a slow day.  Loved catching that nice Guad, but thought the fishing would be much better with that front coming through today.  Probably got out there a little late.  

PA, I think I caught that same guad about a month or so ago. Right under the ped bridge by mopac? lol, I guess she didn't learn cause I caught her on a snake too ;D

Either that or maybe it's just a good spot for big guads :-?

· Registered
184 Posts
I've noticed that when I find one, I usually find others in the same spot, with the right conditions. Seems like different times of the year they are in other locations. I could imagine a person could fish town lake for an entire year, keep a log of all the fish caught, and they would have a HUGE leg up on anyone else out there. But really, who knows..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.