Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Body of Water: Town Lake (Lady Bird Lake)
Weather Conditions: Partly Cloudy 85
Water Conditions: Clear 5-7ft vis
Date(s) Fished:8/16/09

Details of Trip: Hit up town lake in the Yak today. Launched at AHS at daylight and went straight over to Barton Springs to fish the grass bed. Caught a 2.5 and a 3.2 on a blue/chrome wake bait within 30 mins of being out there. After about a hour or so..switched over to a green pumpkin zoom lizard and fished the edge of the grass. Had a couple of hits and lost a pretty nice one at the yak (approx 4lbs) Started to make my way back to AHS at about 10 am fishing along the way. It had been a while since i had a hit so decided to call it a day. As I was making my way toward the ramp, I decided to pull out the H20 sexy shad (red eye shad knock-off). Made a few casts on some rocks with no takers. I started to head in and said...."one more cast". On about the 3 crank I got hammered. Ended up landing a 6.3 on my last cast of the day. I was pretty close to the ramp so i left her in the net (submerged in the water) and paddled up to see if someone would take a pic for me. There were some dog walkers that were kind enough to do so. Too bad she was not fatter or she would have went closer to 8 being that she was so long. All in all it was a pretty good trip.

· Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
655D53534253447B57445D360 said:
Herzog that was me out there today with you in the morning, I was talking [email protected]# to the crewers.  Funny how the center console boat came over there and started fishing.

Yeah....I was wondering if ya'll were ABF'ers and meant to ask. In fact, I almost had to call ya'll over to help me after I buried my wake bait in my forearm, but ended up getting it out. Yeah I have no clue what that CC was doing. They were just kinda out there randomly casting in all directions. If there is one thing I have figured out about that place it's cover, cover,cover if you want to be successful.

How did ya'll end up doing?

· Registered
60 Posts
did you catch that eight on congress bridge? if so were you fishing the north or south side of the bridge? and what were you using that morning? i usually use a senko and catch two or three, in one to three pound range. what tips do you have for me to get into more fish, and better quality ones

· Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Find the cover! Every Big fish I have caught out there this time of year has been deep and on some type of cover. Grass, rock pile, brush....anything. But once you find the cover, be persistent and fish that cover very thorough. Give it time...the more you go out there...the more you will learn it. I caught 1 dink the 1st time out there......got skunked the next 4-6 times and then started to find them. Have caught fish ever since.

· Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Both...submerged and partly sticking out of the water. When I get a depth finder for my Yak, I want to go graph the point that comes off of the end of Red Bud isle. It seems like there is some fairly deep water there....and it seems that there should be some pretty good cover as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.