1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Body of Water:LBL (Town Lake)
Weather Conditions: Partly Cloudy 80
Water Conditions: Slight Stain 2-4 ft vis
Date(s) Fished: 9/20/09

Details of Trip: Launched at AHS at 6:45 am. Went down to BS to see if the topwater bite was on over the grass bed. It wasn't. Continued down to the RR bridge throwing assortment of baits. Nothing. Started throwing Strike King 4S crankbait and finally pick up a 1lb'er. Start heading back at about 9:15 fishing laydowns along the way. Pick up a 2-8 on a watermelon zoom lizard. Continue to fish laydowns with a few hits but could be dinks or bream. Decide that I am going to hit one other place before I call it a day. Start off throwing a Fat Free Shad. It's a bit too deep for this particular "structure" that I am targeting. Switch over to a crankbait that is a size up. Still picking up moss from the bottom. Go back to the Strike King 4S crankbait. 1st cast.......WHAM, got hammered. Feels like a nice fish.....she jumps...it is a nice fish. She strips some drag and get me snagged up. Get her loose and she goes under the yak stripping some more drag. Finally get her to the yak and dip her up in the net. Now I dont have one of those measuring boards that most kayak fishermen have so I rely on the old trusty digital scale. Put her on and she weighs in at 6-1. Throw her back and reposition myself and make another cast WHAM, get hammered again. This time bring in a 3-3. Make a few more casts on my spot with no additional takers. Decide to call it a day. Sorry no pictures, batteries were dead on the digital camera. Until next time.................

· Registered
3,061 Posts
Re: LBL/Town Lake  9/20/09

What were you fishing from?  I was out there this morning as well in the tan 9.5ft Heritage with a black "rocket launcher" sticking up off the rear.  I got there late about 7:30 and fished until 11am.  The only luck I had was on a watermelon red rattlesnake.  No bites on spinners, cranks, tops or jigs.  Of course.....my technique isn't perfect either...HAHA   :D

· Registered
1,789 Posts
I got out on TL from 11:30-4 today and fished mostly between I-35 and Joe's Crab Shack, but I did venture a little further west for a little time. There was this fly hatch going on in several spots and you could see little bream or other fish slurping 'em off the surface. I thought it'd be a good time to bomb a big 'gill swimbait and I did that for most of the time I was out there. Hoped I'd get a huge bite... nope... nada!

On another note, I had the chance to try out H20's new swimbait, the 4.5 inch one and I was surprised at how easy I could toss it on a M action rod (Loomis 782) and that lure seems like it has some real potential...

All in all, it was a good time out there even if I zeroed! ::)

· Registered
60 Posts
Re: LBL/Town Lake  9/20/09

man what a great day, . i went out this evening in the yak, got one bite on a brush hog, and that was it. no crank btes or nothing. If you ever are looking for someone to go with, i am a 16 year old kid looking to learn how to fish this lake better then one or two 1-2.5 lb fish on each trip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.