Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched the yak from Red Bud Isle at 8am. Light breeze, water stained and cloudy. Headed South on the East side of island and picked up 2 fun size fish. One on drop shot and another on T-rig. Picked up on more on the West Bank on the drop shot, before heading north on the East bank. Usually the East bank is the more productive area for me. I was only able to get 2 more: 1 on child rig and one more on T-rig. No action on square bill and Neko. Off at 11am

Also, walked the bank on 5/17 near Shoal Creek. Started at 6:45, water dirty, windy and partly cloudy. Started throwing soft plastics with no luck. Switched two rods to spinners a 1/2 oz white strike king and an old school black beetle spin. Picked up 3 on the beetle spin, including the this good size one who looks spawned out. Off at 8:15

JT

·
Super Moderator
2,088 Posts
Nice bass selfie! You know its old school when its still kicking ass. Prolly been awhile since they saw the Beetle Spin. TFTR!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Great report and I love the use of a beetle spin. Probably some youngins on here that wont even know what that is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts