Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good to be back back on the water. Had some travels and a little accident that left me with a bruised shoulder that did not want to paddle. Launched from Holiday Inn at 6:50am behind 2 boats and 3 other yaks. Had a nice chat with a couple fishing from 2 blue yaks. Slight breeze, water stained, visibility right around 3 feet. Vegetation everywhere, tried to fish the north bank heading up river, but the vegetation essentially moved the bank 5-10 feet into the lake. Caught my first fish on weightless TX rig yum dinger while clearing some back lash by tossing it into deeper water. Caught one more, I think the biggest of the day a 3 plus in the same fashion. Caught 2 more throwing the stick bait into a holes in the vegetation. One of them seemed very chunky, so I Iooked down it's throat and saw two little crawfish antennae. If you zoom in you might see them. Was also throwing a KVD sexy frog and got a couple of bites but no hookups. No luck fishing a couple of usually productive lay downs. No action on ned rig or drop shot. Switched to a small keitech on a weedless head and made the turn back at Waller and worked the South bank will battling the headwind. Finally caught a giant (baby) pictured below on the kietech. No action on the TX rig Ol'monster. Had about 8 bites and landed 5, not too bad. Pulled out at 11am with one of the boats from earlier and the couple in the blue yaks.

JT

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts