Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched the Yak from Holiday Inn ramp right at 7am, I tried to get there earlier but it did not happen. There were 2 other yaks already on the water. Water was stained 1-2ft visibility, slightly breezy (more than the 3-4mph my weather app stated). Headed up river on the south bank and tried my luck with a small frog (have yet to catch a frog fish), no dice. Lost the tails of a Keitech, closely followed by a Little Dipper. Nothing on TR or drop shot. Made the turn back just shy of Waller Creek. Switched to a black Ned Rig and finally landed a fun fish. 2 more little guys and I thought that would be it for the day. The knot came undone on my anchor trolley so I headed back to the boat ramp, threw the ned rig under an overhang and finally caught a keeper. Off at 10:30am.

JT

·
Registered
550 Posts
If it was the trolley then his anchor should have been fine but I am with you Jeremy. Come on JC, you can't leave us hanging.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I appreciate all the concern, but this isn't my first rodeo. Also, I got lucky and saw it happen. I made a little floating anchor line keeper out of an old pool noodle and some pvc and the line goes through the trolley ring and tied on the kayak so I picked the anchor out of the water just fine. Anchor trolley line was also just floating, so I put that back in the boat for later. Still had an anchor with just one position, which wasn't that great in the breeze. Got off the water and retied the trolley and re-glued the pool noodle line keeper/float at home. Ready to fish again.

JT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts