Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put in at Red Bud Isle at 6:45 and parking lot was 2/3 full already. Water was stained and a decent breeze. I guess there was Kayak fishing tournament according to Jeremy. There are a good number of Kayaks on the water, but I was still able to find some open water. I caught a couple of fun size fish, one on a 2.8" Kietech and ned rig with half a senko. Tried a PB&J color on the ned rig and only a bit or 2. Then hooked into larger 3 maybe 4# on a drop shot. My knot on the my 6# leader gave way. Have to either work on my knots or maybe move up to 8#. Off of at 10:30.

JT

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I like drop-shotting with 6 pound test, right up until I reel set the bass. Playing the fish with 6# is absolutely nerve-racking. After a month, I went back to 8 pound test.

I’ve yet to make it that far up the lake to Red Bud. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Great report JC. Any of you guys ever launched below Mansfield dam and made an early morning soiree before the madness started up that way?

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I’ve scouted the “ramp” at Fritz Hughs, but I’ve never wet a line in Lake Austin. Some day...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’ve scouted the “ramp” at Fritz Hughs, but I’ve never wet a line in Lake Austin. Some day...
Jeremy,

I live in that area and there’s not much going on that far upstream as far as I can tell. I’ve launched my yak out of Jessica Hollis a few times with a grand total of 1 bass to show for it. It’s a little better down at Quinlan Park (also closed this weekend - putting an end to those super spreading boat-ramp ragers we see on the news).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts