Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Another beautiful weekend morning. I slept in, waking at 4:15 am. Observing today’s flag holiday, I hoisted The Star and Stripes. I pushed the hoopty up to 70 on the SH, anxious to out run the sunrise. I launched at Holiday Inn before safe light and made turns up river.

(Just in case your interested, “made turns” means opening the ship’s throttles to turn the screw. A ship has a screw, propellers are an aeronautical thing. When I was haze gray and underway, I stood the Throttleman watch. In otherwords, I was the ship’s gas pedal. When the ship’s conn ordered propulsion, I would answer the bell by rapidly opening the throttles. Reactor SCRAM, anyone?)

Yesterday’s bag o’ tricks wasn’t working. I went for new water, pushing past Congress and caught two on Texas-rigged Ol’ Monster near the Hyatt. Feeling better now I got a couple more on senko under First St. I fished all the way up to just past Lamar. Water was crystal clear and I could see large bass and sunfish swimming under the boat.

Drifting back down lake I caught fish on garlic-sauced watermelon-gold baby brush hogs. Mid-morning I unwrapped a sandwich over the rocks at Seaholm. I took notice of a fully rigged Hobie PA steaming up-river. The last time I saw this dude was on the water at Lake Pflugerville the day before Covid-19 shut it down. We greeted each other and told some fish stories. He told me he’d caught a big’un, a three and a dozen dinks after launching from Fiesta. Not bad for his first day ever on this lake. I honestly doubt I will ever come close to his angling skill.

I continued down past the Austin American-Statesman, chatting up the ladies and catching small bass from the mossy witch heads. Off at 1:00pm.
70F40911-0A61-4B20-A974-DE810AAD9748.jpeg
C6896007-A261-449B-BA82-8FC8F37753E9.jpeg

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL! Very clever Bill. I wish becoming a better angler was as simple as increasing my SPF.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Well done Jeremy - glad you were able to get that yellow on but I am concerned about you blending into the surroundings. Some paddle boarder is not going to see you until it is too late my friend. You shouldn't be wearing anything so subdued.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Another good outing and report. Have to try the BBH again, its been a long time since it worked for me. The OL monster is one of my favorites, caught by PB on it last year.

JT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts