Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched at 415pm, out at 730pm. Water release stopped right around when i arrived.

Lots of feeding on the surface and some good fish too.

Had no bites on anything the first 30 minutes, did see a 3-4 bass looking at a bluegill nest. Also got a 1-2lb fish to hit the frog but missed the set.

Threw the TR with a strange worm I picked up at jensons tackle a long time ago, have to recheck the name. Its a greenish brown, 10" with a tapered straight tail. Threw it under an overhang and gave it a couple hops after it hit bottom. Felt a bite, let him have it for a second or two then swung. Hard fighting fish that went 5lb 5oz.

Got about 50 yards further and threw the deps 250 up on a shallow flat area. Second cast the largest bass Ive ever seen hits the lure as it glided slowly to the left about 5 yards from the kayak. I couldnt move her, all i could see was the giant head and side dwarfing the 10" swimbait. Im sitting there speechless and then the line goes slack. Still rattled by that one. Honestly think it pushed way past the 11lb 6oz PB.
Going to go again early in the morning and look for this giant.

Sky Cloud Eyewear Vision care Goggles

Water Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Jigging Sports equipment Bait

Sky Water Sunglasses Fisherman Goggles

Water Fluid Fish Watercourse Fin

Some heavy blowups.

Water Water resources Lake Watercourse Tree

Water Plant Tree Natural landscape Lake

·
Super Moderator
2,383 Posts
You’ve got a pretty good record going of hauling good sized fish out of this lake. Sorry to hear about the giant getting away. Cool pics of the blow-ups. Thanks for posting them up!

·
Registered
432 Posts
The big ones will haunt you. I have had 2 giants lost on that little stretch right there...One of them got in the cable by the spillway, the other just turned and burned. But when you see them with your bait, and cannot do anything about it...well, that is just nightmare material. Hang in there, and maybe you are the next Grant Lamgmore, just a little older.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You’ve got a pretty good record going of hauling good sized fish out of this lake. Sorry to hear about the giant getting away. Cool pics of the blow-ups. Thanks for posting them up!
80% of success is just showing up.

You miss 100% of shots you dont take.

The big ones will haunt you. I have had 2 giants lost on that little stretch right there...One of them got in the cable by the spillway, the other just turned and burned. But when you see them with your bait, and cannot do anything about it...well, that is just nightmare material. Hang in there, and maybe you are the next Grant Lamgmore, just a little older.
I hooked into the big one far away from the dam area. That cable is the devil.

In march when i posted the pictures of the 10lber, it was obvious where it was. The next week everytime i got out there were 2-3 kayaks fishing that area. Some dude even said "I know you like fishing right here ill move off". Told him to stay I was heading somewhere else. Gifts of the internet.

All good though. Im just telling myself it was a giant pike or a mutant carp with teeth. Unless I catch a 25lb bass im not quitting my day job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts