Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was nice night and I had a little time after dinner. Walked the north bank close to the Shoal Creek outlet. Windy, water stained. started fishing about 6:30pm. Started with a child rig, did not have a nail weight so just used a small wood screw, that seemed to work. I got bit and hooked into a good sized LMB, unfortunately as was covered on these boards recently, retying is important. The fish broke me off. Tied on a black/blue ned rig and caught 2. Also caught a very angry turtle. It got hooked through the paw. Luckily was able to get it off without too much trouble. Was able to get one more on drop shot. All were keeper size. No luck on TR, lipless and spinner bait. Off at 8pm.

-JT

·
Super Moderator
2,054 Posts
I enjoy reading about your resourcefulness. Like the tree decoration you harvested for your last report. This time, an improvised weight made the presentation.

Congrats on the good bites. I usually skip over that part of the lake as I work upriver from Holiday Inn. I’ll fish near First Street, but then skip over the mouth of Shoal Creek and the steps and move on to Lamar. On the way back, I’ll fish the steep bank by the SRV statue across from Shoal Creek before hitting First Street again.

Sounds like you got unlucky with the break off. Your luck evidently came back as you were able to free the turtle. TFTR!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jeremy. Had to do something when I realized I left my last nail weight at home. I might use the wood screw more often, they seem to hold better.

Your lake plan is solid, but when you are on the bank there is only so many places you can access. I caught a good size LMB at the SRV statue a couple of years ago. It's a tricky spot from the bank.

JT

1 - 3 of 3 Posts