Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Party season makes it tough to get up early. Hit Holiday ramp for an 8:20am launch. Surprisingly pretty empty and plenty of parking. Second time on the water with a new to me pedal kayak. Kind of cool but the previous owner left some maintenance to be done and it's taking me some time to get used to a rudder vs paddles. Headed across the lake to work the pylon under the raised walkway on the south bank. Had some thing pick up my worm but could not hook whatever it was. Continued to work walkways, overhangs and weed lines all the way to across from Waller but no more bites.

Made the turn back on the north bank and found an overhanging willow tree. Threw a drop shot with junebug 4" trick worm and bang fish on. Gave me a good, satisfying fight and I was able to net him and get him in the yak, see below. Set up my rig and positioned my yak again and threw it back near the willow and bang another one, not as big but just as feisty.

Had to get back before parking expired so I pedaled back throwing a a senko at fishy spots from time to time. Able to land one more fun fish. No action on t-rig, frog or ned rig.
Off at 11:20.

JT

Water Body of water Watercourse Fisherman Fish

· Super Moderator
2,586 Posts
Glad you got some play with the drop-shot. I tried DS at several stops and didn’t get even a nibble.

I’m curious why your parking expired. I am under the impression parking is free on Sundays. Am I missing something?

· Super Moderator
2,586 Posts
Saturday free parking ends at 8:00AM, I think. Parking is always free under I-35. Because of the sliding scale, I don’t like to buy extra parking up front. This last weekend I briefly considered going to the ramp to ”feed the meter” but like you, I do want to spend some of my weekend time with family. Sunday, instead of fishing, Todd and I took the wives and kids to Enchanted Rock and Fredericksburg.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts