Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got out to Lady Bird at 9am with my fishing buddy Jon. Temp outside was 45 degrees and hit the water under the Lamar bridge and worked quite a ways down... threw some senkos and crank bait. Saw nothing and had no bites. Walked back and on the way spotted a nice 6 or 7 lb fatty under the pedestrian bridge... it didn't react to crank or senkos. Parked by Barton Springs and hit the banks and Jon and I met a cool dude named Chris. He hooked me up with a free swim bait, he swore by them. As I walked by the banks there were several large bass along the banks and schools of carp trolling back and fourth.

Around 11am temp was up to about 60-65 degrees water was less clear than usual. Then finally the fish started biting. Jon and I both landed 6 dinks til around noon until my dad came out with a canoe and I hopped in and we fished until 1:30pm. We caught 4 more dinks all by the fallen tree just before it opens up by LBL. Spotted a few more whoppers. The lures that worked: Senko (watermelon black flake) wacky rig, Yum ribbontail (tequila sunrise), and Senko swimbait (watermelon black flake).

I'm still looking to land my first 5lb bass of the fall/winter... the challenge continues. I'm always looking for an opportunity to learn and meet new fisherman, feel free to hit me up if you ever have an open spot on a boat or want to hang with someone fishin'.

Attachments

·
Registered
501 Posts
I will take ya out on my little boat if you want... it gets around LBL pretty good... its a 10ft vinyl fold up rowboat.

I have until the 13th when next semester starts that I can get out there pretty much anytime...

Only fished there twice, but my very first fish was a 5 lb 1 oz LMB so I am dying to get out there and see if I can do any better...

Shoot me a PM if you want

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's funny... I've gotten that a few times. I tell people I'm his "husky" younger brother. One time I actually had a dude and his girlfriend take a pic with me at Chuy's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts