Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Set the alarm for 6:30 woke up and my phone said 41, too cold went back to bed until 7. Launched the yak by 7:45am at the Holiday Inn ramp, which was desolate. Water was stained and a bit dirty. Slight breeze a bit faster than forecast. Worked my way west on the north bank. Did not catch a fish for the first 45 min, which was great because I was able to keep my gloves on while paddling and casting. Finally got a bit under an overhang on a drop bold blue gill robo worm. Stayed in that spot and caught a couple more. No action on giant TRD T-rig (very large, maybe too large), or ned rig craw. Moved to my next spot and caught 2 more. All kind of fun size (see pic). Started late and had to be off before they start charging for parking so I made the turn back well shy of Waller Creek. Hit the south bank and caught a cutie pie on the shaky head. One more on ned rig. Lost 2 one on the ned rig one on the drop shot. Fun morning specially when it warmed. Still looking for some size. Off at 11:25.

- JT
Water Vertebrate Building Sky Lake

1 - 1 of 1 Posts