1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Thanksgiving.

Yesterday:

In at 4pm, out 7pm.

Started out throwing TR worm 10" plum, didnt get a sniff, threw rattletraps, cranks and still nothing. Switched over to black crawfish TR. Started catching then!

I hooked into a good fish and thought I was reeling in the lake record or something but after 2 seconds I realized this fish was not fighting like a bass.

Water Fish Fishing Recreation Fisherman

Fish Fin Fisherman Tail Ray-finned fish
Cloud Automotive lighting Blue Purple Gesture

Gas Tints and shades Space Glove Art

Water Hood Safety glove Gesture Finger

Water Water resources Watercraft Nature Lake

Water Vertebrate Fisherman Body of water Plant

Water Vertebrate Fisherman Fish Watercourse

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice! I caught this ~8.5lber (or so my rusty scale said) while trolling a small rapala in a kayak under i-35 in May of this year, are they moving in? Maybe like to eat the zebra mussels?
Glasses Sky Water Goggles Vision care

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im not sure 100% but i think they eat nearly everything a bass would plus as you mentioned mussels.

There are a lot of them up in the lagoon before the dam near redbud. I see them at night in the shallows when I shine a spotlight. Never bothered to target them but that seems like a good spot. I caught this one on the west bank, about halfway between mopac and redbud. Ive seen some big ones in the large boulders right at dark.

They also smell bad. Or at least the one i caught did. Stunk up my kayak and net for a day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts