Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a while since I posted, been a grind the last month or so. Launched the yak at 7am. I was 3 cars behind the hoopty so at best I was 4th to launch. Water was dirty and debris was everywhere. It was still dark, so I threw a bunch of moving baits as I worked the North bank, popping frog, red eye shad, underspin with no luck. About 2/3 of the way to Waller Creek, I threw a T-rig black worm and landed a cutie pie. Switched to all soft plastics, continued to grind. Headed back east still on the North bank, got a little tap on a black/blue ned rig and swung for the fences out of frustration. Foul hooked a little bluegill, he'll be ok. Then had a nice chat with the Game Warden, first time ever showing my license. Apparently they had heard about the 10# caught today. I told them I didn't want to hear about it. Caught one more on the drop shot before hitting the ramp just before noon. Great to see Jeremy and Todd and hear about their morning in stereo. Tough morning but still better than not fishing.

Hopefully a picture worthy catch next week.

- JT

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sounds like a decent day out, thanks for sharing! Once I can figure out how to transport one I'm excited to get a fishing kayak and start hitting all the good places that I can't reach from the bank :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Petricore. I car top my kayak. That means I have to keep it light-ish. There are a lot reasonably priced options to do that and great videos on how to load and unload. Happy to chat about it you need some advice.

-JT

1 - 3 of 3 Posts