Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally got to fish out of a kayak today for the first time on LBL and what a great time i had! i havent had that much fun in a long time, weather was beautifull and so was the scenery!

me and a buddy launched behind AHS at 8am, cruised downstream along the south shore and then paddled up barton creek. we made the return trip paddeling up the north shore and were off the water at 12:30pm. in that time i only managed 1 good sized bass but landed a few perch along the way.

i landed a few of those orange and the blue perch. only the one brown guy and a couple of these little siver guys. are these shad???

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Great report Chris and excellent photos!  That first perch looks like a Longear Sunfish.  The second looks like a Redbreast Sunfish and the third is definitely a Rio Grande Cichlid.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that brown one came right off the concrete launch slab on a small piece of nightcrawler while i was waiting for my buddy to show up. i didnt cast out or anything, i literally just pointed my rod tip 4" off the concrete then all of the sudden i was stripping drag. i wasnt really expecting a fish that size right there because the perch i was catching in that area were all bait sized fish. just something to keep me occupied untill my buddy showed up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.