Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got in at 3:30pm off at 6:10pm. It was 40 degrees when I launched. I wasnt expecting much activity but did find a few fish blowing up shad. Caught a bunch on the A-rig. Best one was close to 3lbs. At 6pm I threw a drop shot with a black craw and hooked into a good fish. Fought really hard, definitely thought it was bigger.

Loaded the kayak and it was 36 degrees. Cold fingers and toes but ended up being a decent outing!

Last thing of note, I found a dead egret with fishing line wrapped around it. I suspect it either ate a hook or got wrapped up in some stray line. I make it a point to always throw away any line I cut when rigging on water in the trash, it takes 2 seconds to stow it instead of littering. Also Ive pulled more than a handful of snagged line off of trees. I dont get why people do this. This is the outcome when you dont. I found a ton of fishing tackle trash at redbud recently and picked it up and placed in trash. The trash was 50 feet from where someone left it. Kind of unbelievable how mindless people are.

Nose Leg Felidae Gesture Cat

Water Water resources Boat Nature Watercraft

Water Vertebrate Lake Fisherman Body of water

Water White Lake Body of water Watercourse

Water Hand Glove Lake Gas

Water Plant Lake Fluvial landforms of streams Liquid

·
Registered
110 Posts
Tftr glad you were slaying them with the a-rig - that is always a lot of fun. I’m hoping to get out tomorrow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts