Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I havent been fishing quite as much due to travel and family gatherings during the month of December. I did get out a few times in December and caught some really nice fish on swimbaits.

Picking up where I left off, launched at 415PM and got off at 615PM yesterday.

I caught some small fish on dropshot with 4" roboworms in various colors. I threw a swimbait for 10 minutes with a few small followers.

I saw some surface activity further down the lake so I hauled butt over to it. I had a large swimbait rod rigged up with an A-rig. Ive hardly thrown the bait yet so figured this was the time. Big schools of shad were getting crushed by good sized fish all around me.

I started throwing the A-rig around the area and immediately started hooking up. It was fast and furious with strikes every cast. I only weighed 1 fish and took pictures of the first few fish. I lost count how many I boated but it was very busy, Id guess 15-20 fish. The fish bit every jig, color didn't matter. Going to pick up some bigger paddle tail swimmers today to replace flukes. I think I got 5 or 6 double hookups which was fun.

Water Vertebrate Body of water Lake Bird

Water Vertebrate Sky Lake Fish

Fishing net Fish Mesh Ingredient Fish products

Water Vertebrate Lake Fisherman Watercourse

Water Water resources Lake Body of water Watercourse

I need to organize the A-rig jigs and plastics a bit and will try it again today if I can finish work in time.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
redbud.

hit it again today. had a really good fish swipe it and not get hooked right at the yak.

caught a mess of fish, some pics below. there was not as much topwater feeding happening.

Water Sky Liquid Lake Watercourse

Water Fishing net Fisherman Fluid Mammal

Water Lake Fisherman Fish Sky

1 - 3 of 3 Posts