Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dad and I fished Lake LBJ yesterday. We launched at Crockett park and fished all day. Water temp at the ramp was 59.7, all the water we fished was between 61-66 degrees. We boated 32 bass in all. Our four keepers weighed 7lbs together. My Dad caught his on a T rig and I caught most of mine on a Senko. We hooked and missed several others. I hooked and fought one that I estimate was between 7-9 lbs which came unhooked at the boat of course. :'( Oh well, we had an awesome time despite my lack of experience with a wacky Senko (see misc. section). All of the fish came in water between 4-6' off of docks, rocks, retaining walls, or a combination of the three. We looked for bedding bass with no luck due to the dirty water. Some canal were really dirty, not muddy, with debris from the rains. All of the water we fished was either green or rust and had a foot of visibility or less. I did see one giant though, cruising the shallows.

We had an awesome time. Anytime I can get my Dad on the water is great, but to catch fish is ever better. I can't wait to go back, and look foward to FOM!

Here is my Dad with the two small keepers, my camera quit while taking pics of the two bigger ones.

·
Banned
1,799 Posts
Dirty water, Good Friday, and boat traffic.... I shall be there ;).

Thanks for report and it's always a good time fishing with your parents (just not before conflicitng tournaments ;D).

kp

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If your'e headed up 1431 from Marble Falls you turn left on Prairie Creek Road in Granite Shoals. The park is on the left after you pass through some residential areas. There are several other parks in Granite Shoals. I located them using a Fishing Hot Spots map I bought at Wal-Mart. :)

·
Registered
870 Posts
What is a good way to get to LBJ, if you didn't go down 1431?

I just don't think my nerves could handle trailering a boat down 1431 to LBJ?

Nice report by the way.

Have a relative with a house on LBJ. Guess I'll need to be nicer to her, so I can make a weekend out of it.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Hopedale,

Just go north on 183 to hwy 21, go west to 281 south to 1431....

·
Registered
870 Posts
skeet_man_44 said:
yeah good directions i always unload there at Granite Shoals the ramps are usually not to busy

Granite Shoals, that is where my cousin has a lake house.

I have to say, the first time I was on LBJ, I didn't see it as a good bass fishery. It was 4th of July, and the boat traffic was crazy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
yeah my friends mom lives out there on the lake also, i have been fising LBJ for a little over a year now and i have never caught any real big bass, the biggest being about 4 pounds, but i know they are out there just a matter of finding them just like any other lake

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.