Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a club tourney out of Kingsland. Started at the mouth of a creek and worked my way into it, all the way to the back with nada to show for it. Started working a main lake flat and got on a little senko pattern. I ended up getting 9 in the boat. Weighed in a small limit for 8.5 and won the tourney (it's a small club :)). Second place had 3 fish for 7 lbs and change and the lunker at 4.2.

That day, despite the wind, I couldn't find any really active fish. Got almost all of my fish slowly bumping a senko in around 3-4 feet of water along main lake flats. Spent the whole day in the colorado.

If you fished the big tourney over the weekend, how'd you do? The results will be posted sometime soon, won't they?

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Hey congrats on the win. Glad to see you found a pattern that was working.

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
We didn't have a problem boating fish on Saturday, we probably have 25 to 30 but all but 2 of them went 13 1/2 to 13 3/4 inches (there are a ton of unders out there). We lost a 5+ lb. and a 2 - 2 1/2 lber. on Saturday and at least a 7+ lber on Sunday that was heart breaking.

Senko was pretty solid out there but there was a hand full of baits that seemed to produce for us, it's just a matter of keeping it out of that lake snot on the bottom.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.