Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The BASS-O-REE is one of the oldest and most anticipated open fishing tournaments in Central Texas.  It is made possible by the members of the Capital Bass Club, and from the generous contributions from private and corporate sponsors.  

Past receipents of charitable donations from the Capital Bass Club include: The American Heart Association, The Leukemia Society, Austin Beep Ball, Kids Fish, and Dell Children's Hospital.

http://capitalbassclub.com/BASS-O-REE.html

CAPITAL BASS CLUB
2008 “BASS-O-REE”
$9,000 (+) OPEN BASS TOURNAMENT

Sunday, April 13, 2008
LAKE TRAVIS

6:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M.
Weigh-in Site at Pace Bend Park- Tournament Point
2-Person Team (5 fish limit)

1st Place Prize      $4,000.00
Donated by
SOUTH AUSTIN MARINE
&
SKEETER BOATS
(2nd thru 10th Place Team based on 100-teams)
Additional Places paid for every 8-teams over 100

Go for a Demo Ride with the Skeeter Demo Team and be eligible for $1,000.00 Drawing with paid entry!

Plus Raffle Drawings for Merchandise and Prizes!

Look for Entry Forms at South Austin Marine and local sporting goods stores in the near future.

For more information contact Jason Dunbar 512-923-7657 - Kent Harris 512-892-1549

Thanks to All our Sponsors for your Continued Support!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Re: Who is fishing the Bass-O-Ree Bass Tournament?

Hey Cody, I called and found out it will be a 100 per team.
The flyers are at the printers now and should be out soon.
I am planning on fishing it, hopefully the new toon will be here in time.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Re: Who is fishing the Bass-O-Ree Bass Tournament?

I will be there too. I dont see anywhere in the rules where it says we have to check in. Do you have to check in before the tournament at Pace Bend or do you just start fishing a 6:00am and weigh in at three?

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
Re: INFO on Bass-O-Ree Bass Tournament on Travis

Wow, do NOT bring a short fish to the scales...no 4 oz penalty or loss of weight for that fish...instead your team will be disqualified!! (Am I reading this right?)

11. Only Largemouth, Smallmouth, Guadalupe and Spotted Bass caught on Lake Travis during the Official Tournament Hours will be weighed. All fish must be at
least 14-inches. Any team which presents a fish under 14-inches for measurement will be disqualified. A courtesy station will be provided for contestants to
measure fish.

·
Registered
245 Posts

You are reading it correctly. I have seen it happen at this tournament. If you think about it though, you are breaking a state law by keeping an undersized fish in your boat.

Scott

·
Registered
245 Posts

There is no legal limit on Guadalupes or Spotties but this tournament, as well as just about all others, set the minimum for all at 14" to avoid any species identification issues at weigh-in.

Scott

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Thanks to the clarification...

I will attend the last minute entry into BASS-O-REE,  at Carlos-N- Charlies on Saturday (Hours from 9am to 5pm).
Anyone going to be there to take the Skeeter Demo ride for the opportunity to win $1000?

MAP: http://www.cncaustin.com/map.html

Current NOAA forecast for Bass Tournament:

COULD BE A LITTLE CHILLY ON THE WATER IN THE MORNING! ;D

Saturday Night: Clear, with a low around 40. North wind between 5 and 10 mph becoming calm.

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 77. North northwest wind between 5 and 15 mph.

Sunday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 44. North wind around 5 mph becoming east southeast.

(JUST WAIT 24hours, IT WILL CHANGE)  ;D ;D

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.