Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m 30+ miles north of Dallas and I have many large ponds and reservoirs in my area that I hit almost every night. These bass were not caught at Lewisville Lake. They were caught at a large reservoir in my area.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you on your yak or all from the bank? Also do you keep the headlamp off unless rigging or releasing a fish?
I do both bank fishing & kayak fishing late night.
I only use my light when absolutely needing light.
It’s amazing how your eyes can adjust to whatever lighting God provides even late at night.

· Registered
235 Posts
appreciate the clarification!

It’s amazing how your eyes can adjust to whatever lighting God provides even late at night.
i agree 100%/. people think i am nuts when i hunt because i walk across the field from the house through the woods to my spot (about 500yards) without any light assistance.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lake Ray Roberts? Am I getting hotter or colder?
I live in Collin County.
Four major lakes around me along with many reservoirs and many fantastic ponds. Lots of opportunities to catch some beautiful bass for sure. Late night bass fishing is my passion and there’s nothing more relaxing for a 59 year old man like myself.
Fisherman Cap Fish Fishing Recreational fishing

Fish Fisherman Fishing Ray-finned fish Recreation

Fish Fisherman Ray-finned fish Fishing Recreational fishing

Vertebrate Fisherman Fish Fishing Recreation

· Super Moderator
2,582 Posts
Fair enough. I fish two reservoirs near me that I have not called out by name on this forum. I refer to one of them as the Catch & Release Pond and the other one is the Catch & Fillet Pond. Both are public water. Some of the regular readers know which bodies of water these actually are, but there is still some part of me that wants to guard these special spots from the “bucket brigade.”

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I get it. Because I fish almost every night and I use to post my locations all the time on Fishbrain, I started to notice more people leaving their trash laying around and abusing those areas. I don’t post where I fish anymore. It’s a bummer that people are like that but oh well.

· Registered
235 Posts
i certainly get that (not posting location). mine was more curiosity. i don't fish at night because i NEED my beauty sleep! and being from the austin area i dont like to drive too far to fish when there's lots of places here. now, back in my hardcore angling days when my fishing buddy was still alive we went everywhere! keep posting those beautys

1 - 20 of 26 Posts