Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
10,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from 6:20am to Noontime last week. Water temp was 62 to 68 degrees in the shallow areas.
Gene caught his PB and I only could catch several solid bass. Gene's was on topwater and mine was on Flat A crankbaits. Must of caught 8 to 10 bass, only...Nice day on the H2O!

· Registered
268 Posts
Nice bass Robert! I think you have a rod rigged with a firetiger colored lure in just about every set of pics you post, are you just using those as a plant to throw us all off of what your really catching them on? :D ;D

· Registered
10,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are you just using those as a plant to throw us all off of what your really catching them on?
Dennis,
Glad to see that you noticed! I actually fish with that lure more than any other crankbait, when I can find bait fish between 5 to 15 feet down. Deeper than that, I use the DD-14 or DD-22.  I still have other ABFer's call me when they find one or two at a tackle store. I broke one off this last trip, but have about half dozen more where that came from!

Just remember, that a FIRETIGER color resembles a perch or bluegill color. Bass/Stripers/Crappie and even freshwater redfish, love this lure...Something about the tight wiggle help too, I think!

IF THERE IS ANOTHER MAKE/MODEL of CRANKBAIT I SHOULD THROW, LET ME KNOW! I WILL CHUNK IT FOR A FULL DAY AND LET YOU KNOW MY HONEST OPINION. IDEAS?

Robert

· Registered
4,330 Posts
Nice pics and nice fish. I was going to make the same comment on that bait. Good times!!!

· Registered
2,305 Posts
We were fishing the APBC tournament and when I took the second photo, I had him put on the Bass Club ball cap before I took the photo. Yea, we fished the Lake Austin tournament until noon and then fished the AFD tournament on Lake Travis that afternoon.

Gene

· Registered
268 Posts
Looks like I'm going to have to keep on chunking that firetiger color CB until I can gain some confidence in it. I've not had great success with it yet but I keep trying. There's something to be said about confidence in a bait, I tend to feel better throwing finesse type baits and have no doubt in my mind that I will get bit throwing one. I do have the same passion/success with other types of lures but there are those types/colors that I tend not to feel "right about" and only time and experience will gain me the confidence in that bait to throw it regularly, guess that's part of taking ones fishing skill to the next level...

Thanks Robert for continuing to share! 8)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.