Bass Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well then tell me what times yall fishing and what lures. Ive been worm fishing in 10-25 fow 3x now in past week and barely got a nibble

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Mid lake its pretty easy to go flip the ouside edge of bushes and boat 2-3lbers with lots of dinks in between. Flukes and BBH's.......toss 'em in and let them soak.....don't fish them fast. Also that snot grass is your friend right now.....

Me personally.....I wouldn't be fishing the lower end right now until they go deeper mid summer. 30ft vis and they can see that the tackle you're tossing is just a hoax to sore lip them. Find the stained water....

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I was wondering the same thing stump. The full moon is supposed to happen on April 22nd which could bring some fish up but it's starting to heat up so I am not sure what the water temps are gonna be..

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
And Chris, I would love to have some range but on a kayak it's not really possible and I don't want to lose fishing time by driving and launching somewhere else.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
ATX.....I used to fish from a kayak. It's not hard to cover 10 miles in a day and when I tournament kayak fished I was known for going 3 to 4 miles one way to get away from the crowd. That's only an hour to your spot and an hour back......you still have 6hrs to put 100" on your scorecard.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
If it were me and I was fishing that kayak tournament, I'd be making the 30 minute drive from Pace Bend over to Muleshoe and fishing the opposite bank.....lots of fish to be caught in that area. But you also have some great area from cow creek down to Lago marina that is close by.

·
Registered
111 Posts
That is a good area. With the shad spawn coming there can be some morning action on some of those bluff walls. I've seen literally 25-50 yard stretches of shad spawning on the walls in April and May. Especially Late April, shad will be spawning by then. You have to find the right bluffs and rock stretches which is dependent on weather conditions. You have to put some time on the lake and do your homework. Good luck with the Yak tourney.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Am I confused again? The KATS page shows the launch point as Muleshoe Bend @ 2820 Co RD 414, Spicewood, Texas.

Chris why are you saying to drive to Muleshoe ?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
ATX.....I used to fish from a kayak. It's not hard to cover 10 miles in a day and when I tournament kayak fished I was known for going 3 to 4 miles one way to get away from the crowd. That's only an hour to your spot and an hour back......you still have 6hrs to put 100" on your scorecard.
yeah you're right

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Yeah, the KATS launch is from Muleshoe

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thank you!

Mid lake its pretty easy to go flip the ouside edge of bushes and boat 2-3lbers with lots of dinks in between. Flukes and BBH's.......toss 'em in and let them soak.....don't fish them fast. Also that snot grass is your friend right now.....

Me personally.....I wouldn't be fishing the lower end right now until they go deeper mid summer. 30ft vis and they can see that the tackle you're tossing is just a hoax to sore lip them. Find the stained water....
I am much obliged for your post. I tried your suggestion on 8 April and got my first limit on Travis in a long time. As you mentioned, lots of dinks, but who cares, all bites are good.

Reactions: Chris Coufal

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
That's great to hear! Lots of small fish up shallow on the bank. The bigger fish are a bit deeper off those same banks. Hope you are able to catch a few more!

21 - 40 of 42 Posts