Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit up Travis again today with Lisa and had another good day catching blacks, whites and stripers all in Cypress Creek. We found them again today schooling up behind the marina and were able to pull 2 keeper striper out of the madness. The first stop we caught 6 whites, 3 striper (2 keepers), and 4 blacks all of these guys were schooling together. They were up for 45 minutes to 1 hour then disappeared so we started down the docks again, picking up about 10 more in the docks and around submerged brush and stick ups. Today was crankbaits and weightless tx-rigged Senkos. Saw some strange activity in the water around the marina I thought it was more schooling action so we followed the action, it ended up being what might have been the biggest schools of carp I have ever seen, probably 30+ carp cruising the top of the water with the top of their head and mouth out of the water, and they were HUGE. We passed a guy in a center console who was trolling around CC and had a nice stringer of whites. Ended up packing it in around 11am due to the rain.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RudeHo225 said:
C,

Thanks for  the report and great pictures.  You still using the pointer?  Nice to hear that some keepers came out of the pack.  I'll have to catch up with you out there again and join the chase.

Tight Lines,    

Rude
Yep I used the pointer and Lisa changed over to a rattletrap. I really like that pointer, might have to get a couple more, I was down in Houston a couple weeks ago and picked up a couple more LC baits, but put them back when I happened upon a bunch of swimbaits I had been looking for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.