Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started out around 7:00a at Cypress Creek, launched and headed towards the creek that runs behind the marina.  Found a few fish schooling up and was able to pull 3 nice keepers and a keeper white before they disappeared on crankbaits.  After they stopped schooling up we headed down the docks and picked up about 15 between Lisa and I, all were very healthy and chunky.  All fish today were caught with crankbaits, tx-rigged Senkos, Shakeyhead GB Baby Rattlers.  out of all the fish we caught today only 3 were undersized.  I also lost a nice one that was ripping off drag like a big redfish.  Never did see it so I'm not sure what it was, probably a catfish. I'd say the best 5 went 12-13 lbs.

I have been watching that group of herons that have the 3-4 nests in Cypress Creek. Looks like they had their babies and are making alot of noise. Pretty cool, looks like they have a bunch of body gaurds. We had one follow us down the bank through the trees making some strange noises as we passed under the nests.

· Registered
874 Posts
Visited that spot. It's where I placed a spinner bait in front of one fish, then I put the senko in front of another. Couldn't get either one to bite.

Was the water still clear?

I did get one hit. Hate to admit, that I missed it. By the time I realized it was a fish that had the line, I missed my chance to set the hook.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.