Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This week the Lucky 7 Big Bass Pot starts at $680.00!  If you happen to catch a 7.77 pound black bass or larger during the tournament you take home the entire pot!

We'll be on the floating dock at Mansfield around 5:30 PM to begin registration and livewell checks, you may come by land or water.

Complete rules can be found here: http://ttz1.com/texas-tournament-zone/ttz-lake-austin-wed-night-tournament/

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This issue has been brought to our attention and we're going to see what the lake looks like tomorrow and take it from there.

My vote would be take the money in the bonus pot and have a happy hour at P10s for all the participants that have contributed to it's growth. We have a hook up there and I've seen what he can do with a $100.00 budget - can't even imagine the possibilites with $700.00 to spend!

·
Registered
435 Posts
When do y'all think the ramp closes? Two lanes of the ramp are the old service road to the dam. I think they are usable to about 620 feet. It's dropping like a rock but should still be open for a while.

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
You are right Ed. I am not sure who is saying Mansfield will close. The lake was 40 feet low when FLW came to town and it was not a problem.

I have been on LT since I was a little kid in 78' and can never recall Mansfield ever closing.

Do not worry, with every drought, comes a flood. It has happened before, and will happen again. Just think LA drawdown. Someone is going to take home the pot before this is over.

Eric

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
At 10pm, on Monday, June 22nd lake Travis is Travis 645.97 ...With 6" dropping every day, Mansfield will not be closing till below 640.

So, it will be atleast 12 days before LCRA will consider closing, unless the lake drops faster....

So, Tuesday, the two ramps at Mansfield should be open, IMO.

Robert

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well there you have it, the veterans have spoken.  I've only been fishing Travis since 2006 so it shows you what little I know about the lake.

I did look at the LCRA page and they listed Mansfield closing at 640.  We'll check tomorrow and see if we can find a definitive answer.

Either way safety is still a concern; even if Mansfield remains open we may base our decision for future tournaments on whether or not we feel the water is safely navigable after dark.

The tournament is definitely ON for tomorrow, the low water discussion pertains to future tournament dates.

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
Agreed about SAFETY first...

When I launched this last Saturday, there was an area between the Mansfield Point and the island. Go to the furthest buoy to the right of the opening. It is 13 feet between the buoy and the island. DO NOT GO BETWEEN THE MIDDLE BUOYS, thinking is deeper. It is not..Only 1.9 feet...

Be carefull if you cut thru the gap.So when leaving Mansfield and heading NORTH, Please stay right and idle thru. If the sun is up, you should be able to see the deeper, greener water. However, if it is windy, then please aim towards the furthest right buoy and look at your LCD depth finder. Just trying to help....

DO NOT HAUL BUT THRU THE GAP...Only a couple boats beside each other can get thru...You might be able to run shallow, but do not try it now...Do not want to read about you in the paper. :(

Robert

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
However, an entire couch is reserved for TDub to pass out tits down...AGAIN!
It was a long day and I was sleepy and the couch and company were "comfortable"....

That is my story and I am sticking to it :-X

See you ladies tomorrow night, do you take WIC card or food stamps?  Brother be broke these days!

How about I just give you $20 bucks, a 1/2 pack of menthols, 3 limers and you kick me in the nuts and I will go home with the same results ;D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.