Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This week the Lucky 7 Big Bass Pot starts at $515.00 and if you happen to catch a 7.77 pound black bass or larger during the tournament you take home the entire pot!  There have been some great sacks coming out of Travis and we hope to see you out there Tuesday.

We'll be on the floating dock at Mansfield around 5:30 PM to begin registration and livewell checks, you may come by land or water.

Complete rules can be found here: http://ttz1.com/texas-tournament-zone/ttz-lake-austin-wed-night-tournament/

·
Premium Member
2,317 Posts
Travis is not really my lake to catch fish good enough to win a T, but might give it a try tonight...

hmmm... Lake Austin really is not either lately. Oh well I will just donate and shut up.

Eric

Ps. However, if anyone would like to bet their entry fee that you can beat me from Mansfield to U-float -em, I will take that bet.... :cool:

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eric, the go fast boats were on Travis over the weekend but they weren't going very fast...the ones I saw were cruising into the cove with a deck full of dancing girls.

Robby, Booker and Bryan are also back from AR and will have the two 2010 Legend Alpha 211s out tonight as well, can't wait to see them and hopefully slime them up a bit!

·
Premium Member
2,317 Posts
I guess that they had already got to the spot first.

I hope the Lake Patrol is not out there, I always make those guys nervous.

Eric " barley can see you in my rear view mirror " Austin

·
Registered
10,147 Posts
TDUB invited to fish tonight...Looking forward to it...I have no problem being a backseater. ;)

Robert

PS: Just put a poncho in the boat.

At 2PM, winds were Vrbl 5 G 16 MPH...I like a little breeze! Heat Index: 91 °F

This Afternoon: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 91. Southeast wind around 5 mph.

Tonight: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 67. South southwest wind around 10 mph becoming east southeast.

·
Premium Member
2,317 Posts
Cool drama tonight at the TTZ Travis T. The Lucky 7.77 big bass pot almost fell!! Just shy by 3/10ths of a pound.

Then the EMS calvary arrived, 2-3 ambulances, couple fire engines, about 10 cop cars, and StarFlight Heli to top it off.

Went to check it, and somebody hit the big rock cliff on one of the Sometimes island chain trying to get back to the ramp. They hit hard, and the boat was at about a 70 deg angle.

Results of fishing, and pics of mangled bodies will be up soon on TTZ1.com.

Eric

Ps. Just kidding about the mangled bodies, I hope everyone was Ok in that crash, but if you do not know Travis, do not be out there after dark.

·
Registered
10,147 Posts
Terry and I started out in Sandy Creek, with light southerly winds and clear blue-bird skies. Warm temps. Started with cranks, and finesse worms. Ended fishing close to Arkansas Bend. I caught my barely legal bass on crankbait baits in bluegill and Sexy Shad colors along rocky ridges.

We ended the night looking for lights at Marshall Ford, just to find no green lights on....and boat out of gas. As we approached the boat, we were near some docked sail boats. One of the sailboats had a big snake crawling around it the back of it looking to hitch a ride onto TDUBS boat. ...Hope no one was sleeping inside... :eek:

Terry and I helped a stranded boat. From Marshall Ford to across from U-FLOATEM. Towing a big pleasure boat with "TDUBS TOWING SERVICE".

As a result, we did not make the weight in at 9:30pm. Returned to launch at 10:15pm.

Regarding the boat that hit the island, all 5 passengers escapes without too serious of injuries. They all refused that $2-5K starflight ride. Glad to hear it, because their boat was facing almost straight up.

Looking forward to next time!

Robert

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.