Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
10,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After trying to locate some nice bass on Saturday's KLBJ tournament and coming up empty, I returned on Sunday afternoon. Went with Glen in his 22-foot deckboat and stopped and fished main lake points in 20-30 feet of water. Tough bite in mid-lake. Water was off color to clear in backs of creeks. Water was warmer from 71 on Saturday to 76 in Sunday afternoon. Only could catch a couple of nice bass. Sure would have been nice on Saturday. Chunking DD-22 in White with Purple back across any main lake point. No wind made it easy to sit still and cast in a deck-boat.

· Registered
467 Posts
Nice fish - We went Sat. (not in the tourney) I caught 16 and friend caught 4. Most of ours were on bluff banks from 3 to 30 feet on zoom pumpkin T-rig. Broke line on 2 hook sets and had best fish of the day throw the hook (3 lbs.). Other two best were about 2 -2 1/2. Lots of boats on the lower end.

MF

· Registered
2,541 Posts
Nice fish Robert and Glen.

That is too bad that these fish could not have been caught the day before.

I talked to one guy while he was fishing the tournament and he told me that the fish quit biting just as if someone had turned a light switch off. I mentioned to him about throwing a DD-16 or 22, and he replied that they had tried those too with no luck. I guess the bigger fish on T/Day were just hard to come by.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.