Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We skipped the father's day weekend and we will be back on the twenty second with the same setup as last week.
6:30-12:00 noon.
5 fish limit, all over 14 inches
$40.00 entry includes 5 toward big bass pot
If no fish over 5 pounds is weighed big bass pot pays out the next place.
Split take off at both dink and pace bend, weigh in at dink.
We will revisit the weigh in location at the next tournament to consider pace bend instead due to the extremely large rocks they occupy most of the bank at dink.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now that pace bend is open I expect to have a much better turnout. If we are lucky we will get enough boats to qualify for the incentive programs your various boat manufacturers offer. I have been contacting all of them to try and get y'all some extra cash from them and maybe get your boat to help pay for itself. Still 100% payback and the boat manufacturers aren't giving me anything for favoritism, just trying to get people paid to fish.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Randall we will be doing weigh in at dink unless I can get ahlod of everybody in the tournament and have them go to pace bend. Those rocks scare me. I imagine some Purdy boats sunk. I look forward to seeing you out there. Maybe this time bring in some bass! On second thought Nevermind, when you bring in bass you win. Yeah.....keep catfishing instead:)

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the lake continues to rise. We will add Mansfield as an entry point. We will just have to get another representative to collect entries and inspect livewells. Shouldn't be a problem. I know it sounds confusing and complicated for a jackpot but it opens the lake up for everybody and if you have a slow boat you can start closest to your milk run. This will make all of the lake accessible within 10 minutes of take off. My whole goal is a fun, friendly competition that everybody enjoys. If any of the updates are not met with approval let me know and we will fix it. Thanks and I look forward to seeing everybody out there.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Ha. Funny. I hooked into another cat the other day. Felt much heavier than the 13#er. It straightened two hooks out.

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
If the lake continues to rise. We will add Mansfield as an entry point.
Man this post gave me some hope! Just checked and we are at 630.33 and the minimum level to use the Mansfield ramp is 632. If we can get a couple of decent rains we might get there.... Looks like there might be some rain today in the hill country, which would be good. I do realize all this talk about using Mansfield is a little bit of this:

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No harm in hoping!

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep. There is also a chance it will snow tomorrow:/

Reactions: Acuna

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will be out there in a white triton at pace bend this week. Jack Jr and Mike will be at dink for entries. I am ready. First tournament with a ramp so I am expecting a good turnout.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Time

We skipped the father's day weekend and we will be back on the twenty second with the same setup as last week.
6:30-12:00 noon.
5 fish limit, all over 14 inches
$40.00 entry includes 5 toward big bass pot
If no fish over 5 pounds is weighed big bass pot pays out the next place.
Split take off at both dink and pace bend, weigh in at dink.
We will revisit the weigh in location at the next tournament to consider pace bend instead due to the extremely large rocks they occupy most of the bank at dink.
Hi this is Dan. Call me about Sunday morning. Also need some more time to take off motor. 512 375 6577

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Dan, I will call you in the morning. I am installing some cabinets at the moment.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It sure is Wyatt.. we will be launching there too.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes James. We will likely move to pace bend. But for continuity we will have this one at dink. Then make the switch after that. Some of our anglers don't check websites for information. In your boat it should take about 7 minutes to get there from pace bend.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
When you beach, pull up into the "drains" those are sand and gravel. That is why I am planning to move to pace bend though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts