Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out with my brother along the islands and mile marker 2 around 10:30. Saw a guide boat leaving as we rolled up and thought that was a bad sign! We caught 8 or 9 all together, only 1 keeper Striper (7.3lb) and one White Bass. I have never caught so many Striper under 10 inches before? Almost makes me think spawning is actually occuring in the Lake.

Fish Fishing Bass Fish Recreational fishing

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Went out with my brother along the islands and mile marker 2 around 10:30. Saw a guide boat leaving as we rolled up and thought that was a bad sign! We caught 8 or 9 all together, only 1 keeper Striper (7.3lb) and one White Bass. I have never caught so many Striper under 10 inches before? Almost makes me think spawning is actually occuring in the Lake.

View attachment 13287
Those 10 inch fish were last years stockings. TPWD put in 87,000 fingerlings and 580,000 fry

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Very nice striper!! I was in that area till around 10:30. We ended up with 3 stripers biggest was 29 1/2 inches. Got checked by the Sherriff and let me tell you some class act people. They stormed up on me and let me keep my rods out while I was trolling. They drove beside me while I held up the life jackets throw cushion, blew my whistle etc.

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
If a person mistakes a baby striper with a white bass they don't need to be fishing for either one.
I don't disagree. It is just that I can see some people being, perhaps, shall we say.... intentionally ignorant.... of the differences and trying to pass off that they thought they were whites because of their size.... white fish with black lines? Then it is a "small ones are whites, medium ones are hybrids, large ones are stripers" kind of deal...

·
Registered
10,702 Posts
We had good action today (dozen or more) on 10-16 inch stripers trolling dancer pet combos in 28 ft. Seemed to be a thermocline setting up at 28-30. No keeper stripers. Stopped and jigged a couple, but they preferred trolling, so we gave them what they wanted. Caught a dozen or more lmbs and guads trolling too. Kept a few good whites for the grease. Surface temp right at 80F, perfect for swimming, which we did in the afternoon. Dink Pearson launch is still good. Didn't use 4wd.

Don't know where all the bigger striper went, but we'll keep looking.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.