Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to Bass Champs, FOM and the Tuesday night TTZ tournaments, I am limiting my detailed reports...

Started at 6:30am...Charted bait in 10-15 feet of water. Thinking they were whites, started jigging...Nope...They were small bass. Water temp was 76.4 degrees. Calm conditions.

I was using the Academy series deep diving crankbait in yellow body and blue top to catch one very nice bass. Then the bite got tough after the sun came up. The bass have been hanging out in the same area that I catch the whites in the evenings. The bait has been staying there all night. This was the first morning that I have fished in several weeks. It was a trip I wanted to make to see if the bait would stay in the same area till morning. Well...they did...The shad balls are in 10 feet of water until the sun came up and then they were hard to find. So, I went to flats adjacent to deep water, on wind blown points. Fished with Baby Rattlesnakes and Senko in watermelon red. Also fish rocky points, on secondary points inside coves.

There were several bass boats out this morning. Only caught three keepers...several dinks..I mean dinks...under 10 inches. Also caught on small Bill Norman crankbaits in Lavender/White. Smaller than deep Little N....The bait seems to be 1.5" to 2" long...

Robert

PS: Thanks to SWIMBAIT or Kevin on recommending fishing "offshore" and looking for flats or areas adjacent to deep water. Most of the fish came atleast 50 yards off the shoreline. ;)  I am now learning not to beat the bank like most.

PS: I got stopped by LCRA police on Friday evening. They were conducting a "SAFETY CHECK".
Checking registration card and number.(Ran the numbers)
Check fire extinguisher (Mine was right on the line)
Check horn or whistle
Check navigation running lights (Mine up front was loose)
Check Type IV (throwable) PFD
Check Life Jackets
Check Fishing Licenses
Check Fish
Check to see if we had been drinking and how many. (We had just got on the water, 10 minutes earlier)
Gave us a card with numbers to call if we see boats with no lights or anything that looks dangerous or not right.

One of the nicer bass caught this morning. Full of 2 inch SHAD!

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
Good lookin fish! Hope you catch up on sleep. I have always said they need to make a seat in boats that is a recliner, then when you dose off a fish grabs your attention back. :cool:

PS...that report isn't detailed? ;) Thanks for sharing as usual bud.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Nice fish AND report!!! Fished out of Mansfield on Sat. Had a club tourney. Didn't get a lot going on. Had about 14 small fish and only 2 keepers. Best fish was a 2 1/2-3 lb fish that got off a shad swimbait. Kept on telling myself I needed to get out deeper where the bigger fish would probably be, but then I kept on telling myself that if I could just get a limit of small 1 1/2-2 lb. fish, that'd probably be enough to win the tourney... and while indeed, that would've won me the tourney, I couldn't even manage that. Oh well... most of my fish came on topwaters and flukes once the sun broke out...

·
Registered
10,702 Posts
I like that pic also because it shows that he's been up all night fishing.  Note the headlamp still on after sunrise.  This is what you call dedicated fishing.  When you catch the lake record largemouth Robert, I'd be honored to photographic it for you.  But even if I'm not there, I look forward to that pic.  And you'd better be smiling!  Solid BASS!  Cool pic!

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys.

This past week was not normal...I rarely get to fish everyday, especially till midnight. I had a light work week...

My headlight battery went out within one week of buying it...I then knew I had been fishing too much.

Just love when you can find a pattern and catch everyday...Now the work week in upon us and back to paying for all this fun.

The light now stays on my cap... ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.