Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished during Saturday evening  on Lake Travis for whites, slabbing in 30 feet. Then at 9pm started working lighted boat docks with DD-22 cranks and X-Rap jerk baits in pearl white. Caught whites and bass. Then Glen hooks up on his PB, of coarse no camera! It was almost 24" long(Between 8-9lbs). Hit the DD-22 crankbait, where the light and dark water meets. I caught and released two bass over four pounds and several unders.

On Monday evening, we went back...but this time, I caught one at 23.5" long or about 8lbs. I also caught one over 5lbs and one around 3lbs. All off one lighted dock in 20 feet of water. Monday night, we had the Sony Hi8 Digital/Video camera. So, the catch and release were caught on video. The nightshot is in black and white but I got it on film.
I went to Walmart earlier in the day. I purchased a 2-pack of white pearl swimbaits from Creme Lure Company. They costed $1.19 for the pack of two. This was the bait I used to catch all the bass on. 2inch Pearl Paddletail Shad.
http://www.cremelure.com/store/store_product_detail.cfm?Product_ID=32&Category_ID=2

Once I figuire out how to post on YouTube, I will post a link.

Robert

·
Registered
439 Posts
I bought some of those also and had been using them for a while before your post. Only caught a few on mine though. Until I took a SPIKE-IT chartruse dye maker and dyed the top half of the bait. It made a big difference. That's what I've been doing my best on.

·
Registered
10,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It seems that the shad under lights are about 2inches or less.

Found this Night Time Bass Fishing Video by Doug Hannan is good too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJvVkBcbFFY&feature=related

I could probably make one, if I can get a IR camera or nightvision setup. Lately, we have been catching a lot of 21 to 24" bass at night. (A lot definition to me is 3 to 5 per trip). Most are caught near midnight.

If fishing a bass tournament that starts at 6am in the dark morning, I would work a lighted boat dock first. You would be amazed at the quality of bass hanging out...IMO

Good Luck,
Robert

·
Registered
275 Posts
Come on Ranger you are giving all of my secrets away!

Really the 2 inch swims are my ammo at night out there. They are easy to cast in wind and you do not have to mess with treble hooks at night.

I buy the weighted ones from academy in clear olive with a paddle tale. BAMM!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.