Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since one of my friends is not fishing the FOM this weekend nor Bass Champs the following week, he has been out fishing in this wet/cold stuff...

The only disadvantage for Glen, is me not being with him in my gas saving bass boat ;D ;D ;D  Instead they have been using a 23 ftoot Hurricane deck boat with a I/O V8 engine to troll...He has a Humminbird LCD with depth/temp.

Each day this week, Glen have caught limits of LMB  FROM 14" TO 18" and more than 20-30 per day! (released) and white bass(25/day). Primarly trolling Norman Deep N crankbaits in chart top/blue bottom. Finding schools of bait in 20-35 feet of water and trolling thru them. The water, where they are fishing, is clear. Due to the cloud cover, the fish are hitting shallow to medium diving crankbaits in firetiger colors.  The water temp has been in the low 50's.  Also jigging yellow-slabs have been catching whites and blacks...

He has  fished everyday, Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday and possibly today, if the wind does not get out of control.

It is costing $60 per day in gasoline for the boat, but atleast he is catching....

Without pictures, some people do not believe most fishing reports. This friend is catching fish.....

Sorry for the non-believers....

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dennis...YES....Glen is ate-up with it! ;D ;D

Earlier this week, there were two other boats out there, too....

I am not fishing this weekend....I have too many honey-do's.....

Good luck and thanks again!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ranger - I'm heading out to Lago on the 4th hoping to get into some of those whites you seem to be tearing up. We're you guys trolling into coves like Cow creek or the mouth of the Perdanales? Or were you noticing the bait balls on points? We'll see if I can apply some knowledge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.