Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started fishing at 6am, mid-lake points. The shad were being chased for about 2-hours, up against the shoreline. Fishing with Zell pop topwater lures, boated over 30 white bass from 15" to 17" and 15 bass from 10" to 19". Mainly from 16" to 18.5"....A couple four pounders, came un-buttoned after jumping. Great fun on topwater. Also caught two 22" striper. Lost a couple that we never could turn!!!! They hit HARD. Must have been stripers. At 9am, started throwing DD-14 and DD-22. Caught a couple guad bass and (2) 15" crappie...Amazing they hit a DD-22. Off the water at noontime.

Water temp was 74 degrees.
Air temp started at 56 degrees and climbed to 84 degrees by noontime.
Lure: Zell Pop in Z-SHAD
Shorelines were you could see shad schooling.
Clear to partly cloudy conditions.

At 5:30am, the 3/4 moon was setting in the west. Very orange in color. I have not seen that before.

JUST LOVE THAT TOPWATER BITE!!!!!! ;D

·
Registered
795 Posts
Now that sounds like fun. I will catch anything that hits a topwater. Wish I was out there. And it's great to get on schools like that with beginner fishermen, tons of fun for them. The fast and furious action is awesome!! ;D

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would have taken some pics, but my camera accidentally got wet on Saturday evening. Should of took it out of my pocket of my shorts, when I got into the water. :'(

Same friend tried this evening, but the bait was not there. So, it must be a morning bite. Also, with the shad spawning, I would be fishing shallow now!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Fished all weekend in my buddies cove near Gloster Bend. Fri-Sun, in the evenings, and from 4 till dark on Sunday. All we used where the Chartreuse Rattlesnakes, barely used the baby ones, and we caught a lot of bass. Today, I had the chance to use a kayak, and fished with my buddies neighbor, and he was using his favorite lure, and I got him to switch to the Rattlesnake, cause we had been doing great all weekend. We fished a good portion of the cove for a couple hours and caught mad fish. It was cool to get this guy to switch lures and see it work great. Even landed a 3lb on my 4lb test ultralight, and that was fun, dragged my kayak all over, I tossed it right on top of him, and he nailed it, it was a great weekend, and the weather even ended up clearing up to be a great sunday to be on the lake.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.