·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in Briarcliff and one lane of our boat ramp is closed and the other one is mighty shallow. Might even be closed now. I live 60 seconds from the marina but haven't driven through since the temps have stayed above 100. So I'll probably be launching from the park soon. Lance Burrow put a 9 lb'er in the boat on Lake Austin last week, so maybe I'll try LA again. I've been driving up to LBJ lately as well, since it's equidistant from me. 28 miles to LA, 29 to LBJ.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I hear the boat launch at the Narrows is closed. Does anyone know if they will let you launch a kayak at the ramp and go upstream?

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I got this email yesterday from the guy that is in charge of our boat slips/marina.

"The Lake level is approaching 657’. We have to move the Marina out of the cove at approximately 655’ with the boats in place.
We will have to move within the next 2 weeks."

But I am only 5 miles from the convergence of the Colorado and the Pedernales Arms of Lake Travis. (on Colorado Arm)
The Narrows is about 11 miles upstream from me.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
657.50 now. Lake's gone down almost a half foot in 4 days.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The boat ramp at the Briarcliff Marina is now officially closed.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Saw that they had a huge boulder in the middle of the boat ramp and figured it was now closed.
Thanks for the info. I think Collier Cove boat ramp is still open but can't confirm that. Anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
8 Posts
We launched at Collier Thursday morning. Actually backed out on sand at the bottom of the ramp. It was still fine unloading and loading. There were several trucks and trailer in the lot when we left about 11:00.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Have you guys seen the zebra mussels? I have friend at Point Venture with a dock and they all over his dock and the rocks. Some folks got their feet cut up climbing a ladder in the water. They are like fire ants, taking over.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Zebra mussels are sharp little critters to be sure. They'll cut even the best braid like it was cut with sharp scissors. While fishing Stillhouse earlier this year I kept breaking off (cut line) As the water level came down, I saw why.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts