Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't posted here in a year I'll bet.

Is anyone launching at Dink? How is is it? Is there a discernible area where people are sticking it?? #SpoiledontheConcrete wants to know.

#Boatramp

Thx
D

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Hey Dave, I've not launched there since 2014. As I recall it was consistently more stable than bank launching from the beaches of Pace Bend (pre-T-Point ramp).

I think folks will be seeking Dink more in the coming months. LCRA expects LT to drop to near 655 by Aug. 1 with median conditions, or 650 with dry conditions.
LTForecast20180430.JPG

Thankfully, it looks like we'll get El Nino returning by the winter months, which usually brings us more rain.
Nino34_20180527.JPG

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
As the Sir Douglas Quintet used to sing "it was fun while it lasted, yeah it was fun while it lasted. You know we really got blasted, but it was fun while it lasted." :smilygifs1013:

We are now at 664.78, 16.22 feet below full pool.

Gloster Bend closes at 662.

Arkansas Bend is already closed for repairs.

At 655, the Narrows will be closed.
Muleshoe Bend will be closed.
Pace Bend Collier and Pace Bend Tatum will be within 2' of closed.
Bob Wentz at Windy Point will be within 2' of closed.
Camp Creek and Cypress Creek are already closed.

At 650, only Jones Brothers Park, Mansfield Dam, Sandy Creek, and Tournament Point will be useable.

Below 645, only Mansfield Dam and Tournament Point will be useable for boat ramp usage.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
We're now at 663.39. We were at 664.78 on 5/31/18. That means that in a 2 week period, Travis went down roughly 1.5 feet. At that rate, July 15 should see the lake at 660.4 or so and the Gloster Bend and Muleshoe Bend ramps will be closed. And the Narrows ramp will be closed by the first week of August.

Don't kill the messenger. Just sayin'...

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
I used the T-Point ramp last night for the first time in a few years. Nice to have that. (Collier and all coves on that side were closed off for a prescribed burn.)

I wonder if we'll get that tropical rain they're predicting in a few days. Those things can be game changers.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Travis is now at 662.03. Gloster Bend ramp should close in a couple days, I'll wager.

One lane of the Briarcliff Marina boat ramp is now closed, leaving one functional lane. As a loyal Briarcliff homeowner, I am halfway to being really bummed out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts