Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jan 19th

Fished bass club tournament with my wife.. Finished first place with 14.74lbs. See below for the 2 best fish:

Overcast day and winds out of the Southeast at 10 to 15Mph. All fish were caught on 1/2oz football jigs with Watermelon Red Nichols Lures Creature baits as a trailer in 6 to 20ft of water on the main lake. Lost a lot of fish that were short strikers. Could not get them to hit on anything but the jig.

Feb 7th (BassChamps)

Launched at Dink Pearson with my partner, takeoff was at Pace Bend. Drew boat number 220. Another overcast day, winds were gusting up to 30Mph out of the SE. Ran all the way to the main lake and fished the areas where we won our club tourney. Water was a bit rough, and only managed one fish that wouldn't measure and lost another 2-3lber on a shallow running crankbait. Decided to run back up river the last 2 hours of the tourney and ended up with only 2 keepers, one 3lber and another 2.5lber on crankbaits. We couldn't buy a bite on the jig all day. Decided not to weigh in. I told my partner the night before it would take 20lbs to win and go figure it did. Congrats to the winners and anyone that took a check. I'll admit it, LT kicked my bass this day.

· Registered
4,330 Posts
Couple of nice fish there. I bet that wind was blowen out on Travis. Thanks for the pic and reports on your tournaments.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.