Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went down to fish for a little while off the marina/boat docks. Fished for crappie using white jigs with chartreuse crappie nibbles for about an hour. Not a nibble. Switched to fishing for LMB with Yum Dingers and caught this 2 1/2 lber. Then tried a silver spoon just for the heck of it. First drop for jigging, and thought I caught a BIG one, reeled it in and it was a spinning rod and reel that had probably been done there for couple of months. Hahaha
Kept trying the silver spoon and caught 2 ugly a$$ freshwater drums about a pound each.
Did catch a really nice crappie though and gave it to a friend fishing with his grandson for crappie for dinner. It was almost too big for his bucket. Good SLAB!!!
107C504D-559D-4003-8BF9-1BE232A6F50C.jpeg
AED33E2D-742D-41A1-909E-76FF2A6874C5.jpeg
BD44C80C-E1B6-4494-9853-E3430C43A6C3.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Good report--thanks. Any idea of water depth under the marina?

I also recall from some of your previous reports that you often use Yumdingers on a shakey head jig. I have been alternating between that setup and a Texas rigged Yumdinger with 1/8 oz bullet weight. I'm getting lots of bites with both rigs, but totally without scientific analysis, it seems that I lose more fish with the shakey head than the T-rig.

Some comments on your experience would be appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts