Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished lake Travis yesterday from 1-8pm for our third UBA tournament of the year.  The water was very clear with excellent visibility making sight fishing that much easier.  Me and my partner (GasperGoober) started out looking for spawners in the back of coves aand spotted a couple of beds, but couldn't get any takers.  Saw two fish that were atleast 6+ each and had one of them tear a claw off of my jig trailer, but couldn't connect.  Most of our fish were caught on drop offs in about 6-9ft of water on senkos and shaky heads.  Both of us limited with 6 keepers each and had a combined total of around 35 fish total.  Best 5 went for 11lb's even giving us 3rd place in our UBA tournament.  All in all it was an awsome day with a lot of fish in the boat and a fun day to be on the water.

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
I fished the same tournament as Lurp. Our day started off with a bang. First bite was in minute 3 of the tournament, it was about 13.9 inches. First keeper was in the boat about 15 minutes later, we hadn't even made it out of cypress creek yet. We didn't do any site fishing early, and never saw any good bedding fish. We worked mainly in 3-9 feet of water, and caught fish on 6 different baits, most came on shakey heads. We were culling by 4pm, but we never found that kicker fish. We caught about 15 keepers and a lot of undersized fish. We took first with a bag of 11 lb 14oz....all in all it was my first really good day of fishing on Lake Travis.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.