Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hooked up the boat and took a Hutto High Schooler out fishing today. Went to Granger and it was mud-ugly. Put the boat in and ran toward Willis Creek, decided to put the boat on the trailer and head to Travis.
Got to Travis about 3:45, launched at Sandy Creek. Went to the back of the creek and not much going on,, one small bass. Headed to Devils cove area and caught a few. About 6:30 the bass turned on a bit and we ended with 15 caught on SB, Lipless crank, Shakey, Fluke. When the sun was bright,, all bites were in fairly deep water,, later in the day we were catching them in about 5-6 feet. Water temps from 59.5 to 61.8. A bit slow, but a great day to be on Travis. If anyone knows how to catch Crappie on Granger,, let me know,,as of this posting,, I hate that lake.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In Devils Cove we caught them in the back left, on the bluff. But my post may have been deceiving because as they turned on at 6:30 or so, we were back in Sandy Creek. We caught some in Volente and the rest in coves of Sandy. If you are going late,, I would concentrate shallow.

·
Registered
149 Posts
If you want to learn granger, hire one of the crappie guides over there, its an art form on that lake and they will be able to get you going. Do a search for Tommy Tidwell, he has been guiding for crappie on that lake since 1986. It will cost you a couple of hundred bucks, but you will spend that on gas and minnows getting skunked over there if you don't.

-d

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks for the info IsThatABass. I ended up starting later then I wanted, so I didn't go to Devil's. I fished around Lime Creek area and only managed one small one. But it was nice to get out and enjoy the evening.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.