Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably a little early but took out the boat to make sure it was ready for the whites and to do some exploratory trolling to see if I could locate some schools. Thought they started gathering at the mouth of creeks so concentrated on the north and south mouths of Cypress Creek with no success. I’ve had some success at sometime island so tried there and got a 15inch LMB, Released. Trolling Bill Dance pearl colored deep divers. Will keep looking for some schools, any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
442 Posts
Used to fish Hurst Creek MANY years ago, with my Dad and his friend who has now passed. We always fished for whites in late March thru April. I honestly don't know the temps that the whites are supposed to make their runs, but I have always fished for them in creek areas. Usually have much better luck in running water, especially up a river where they can concentrate. Have you run up the Lampassass River on Stillhouse? They get some good limits there. As far as sometimes island goes, if you mark schools there is a good chance they are stripers. I am not much on eating them, but catching them is a whole different story. Lots of fun!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I’m not sure but I think you can’t see it from this webcam
thanks again Jeremy! We were at Oasis a few weeks ago, and if it's the one out in front of Oasis, it's a peninsula now! Navigating that area could get hairy if you don't know it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts