Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woke up saturday not intending to fish that day, but my wife saw me staring out the front door at the overcast sky and she already knew what I was thinking. She said "go fishing or you'll mope around all day". I was hooked up to the boat and out the driveway in 15 minutes. Got to Briar cliff to see only about 5ft of water on the ramp and didn't want to risk it so headed to pale face. Stayed between the flats and Briar Cliff and managed 20 or so with a couple 3's a couple 2's about 8 nice guad's and the rest lake Travis special's. Most caught on shakey head baby rattle snakes. All fish on cove points, once you made it about 30 yards inside the cove you couldn't buy a bite. Fish weren't hitting hard at all just picking it up ans swimming off, didn't feel a thump all day.Beautiful day on the water, just thought the pre front bite would have been better. Also seen JR fly by Briar cliif right before sunset good looking Basscat JR.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Thanks for the report. Sounds like a good day on the lake. It's always good when it's her idea. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.