Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and Chris hit up Travis yesterday from 7:30am to 2:45pm!The day started out great we had four fish in the boat that would have gone 9lbs,when he put the three pounder in the boat,that was the 4th fish we looked at each other and wounder'd why we didn't go a head and fish the FOM!We cought 10 fish all day 2 not being keeper's and 1 only being a spotted bass!!Chris has pic's and will be posting them up this afternoon!
Once again thanks Chris had another great day on the water with you!! ;D

Wind/5mph out of the north
baits/sinko's/flukes/
8 keeper fish
2 none keeper's
TOTAL POUNDS/12/13LBS
ALL AND ALL/ANOTHER GREAT DAY ON THE WATER
Thanks
Matt
TEAM *******

· Registered
3,688 Posts
Yeah we had another good day on the lake and should have been fishing the T. We talked about it on wed but but then we thought we would just fish for fun. There was a lot of boats on the water but the only person that we talked to was Lerry (Swimbaits Dad) and we talked to him at the ramp before we put in.

Hear is the pics of our best 5.

Tahnks again Matt it was fun as always.

Chris

· Registered
606 Posts
Nice sack of fish guys. But always remember everything changes when your in a tourney. I dont know if im the only one but it seems if theres no money on the line i catch fish. Its kinda like deer you always see that big one when the rifles at home. ;D Regardless yall need to start trying if your on fish. Youll never win if you not entered :p There was a lot of boats out that day and hard to find a fresh spot, a call would of been nice chris, Just kidding ;D

· Banned
5,438 Posts
Hey guys, not to try to take anything away from your day, 5 keeps on Travis is always an accomplishment.  However, to echo BassCats sentiments, might want to double check your weight....

Notice this bag of fish....

That was one of the first place bags Andy and I caught in our weekly jackpots out there.  Notice that sack only went 10.8lbs, and that is weighing the bag with it, so in reality, it was probably a 9.5 - 9.75lb sack of fish

It's easy to catch a keeper on travis and say "call it 2lbs", but most keepers (lake travis specials as Andy and I call them) usually weight in at 1.6 - 1.7 pounds, or about a 9lb bag if you have 5 of them.

No offense, it's easy to start catching keeps and calling them 2lbs or better (we have done it a bunch of times)...Xtools makes a sweet scale that records the weight of each fish you catch and adds the total of best 5...

· Registered
3,688 Posts
No offense taken at all Terry (As far as I go), We were just guessing on the lbs. Seeing how we were not fishing a T it really does not matter how big they were anyways. We did not check every fish but there was one right at 3lbs and another right at 2lbs so we were just guessing on the total lbs for our best 5. IMO we were just lucky to get out there and catch any fish at all.

Chris

· Banned
5,438 Posts
Hey TDub how do I get in on those weekly jackpots?
Andy, myself or EA will run them on Travis, probably starting back when the time changes until fall. Last year they were on a Thursday night, probably stick with that unless there are a lot of guy wanting another night because of other T's (decker)....

Watch the tournament section for details in another 3 months or so.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.