* Humidity: 54%
* Visibility: 10.00 miles
* Last Updated on Jan 16 2010, 4:51 pm CST
* Camp Mabry / Austin City, TX
* NOAA's National Weather Service
* Station Id: KATT
* 9.56772 miles from location
Wind Speed: North at 8.1 MPH (7 KT)
Lunar Phase: New @ 1.1 days (Not Visible)

Trip Notes: Tough trip tonight. The winds died as soon as I hit the cove, but one fish landed all night???

The stripped bass were there I just couldn't keep them on when they were biting, and then they stopped even doing that.

Tried spoons, Berkley pearl red eye pogies, crankbait, and a top water.

Still, it was good to get out!

Fish released. Report sent while heading back to the dock at low speed.

Total Recorded Catches: 1
  • Catch 1: Saturday January 16, 2010 07:46 PM US/Central
    Map
  • Latitude / Longitude: 30.4501 / -97.9494
  • Fish: Black Bass, Largemouth Bass
  • Length: 14.5"
  • Bait: Spoon, Gold Castmaster

Sent from my iPhone using iFishJournal -- Fisherman's Journal App!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The app does a lot for you.  It uses the phone's GPS to record your location and then for the initial location it pulls the current weather report.  (Doesn't work too well overseas I am told but in the U.S. it should work well.)

It let's you record each catch and the details you want to enter, including location, bait, weight, length, fish type, etc.  Most of the fish are already listed in the app, but you can add and delete stuff.

It let's you upload photos to Picasa (sorry, not Photobucket yet, I just haven't had time).  Photos uploaded to a "Public" folder can be included in reports.

Posting reports is easy.  You have to type into a browser window on the ABF website, the title and maybe your login information.  In the Message window you just type IFJREP, and then hit the Insert Report button in the app, and it will put in all of the forum codes and report information like what you see in my report above.  Then you use that same browser window to hit Post and you are done.

I hope that helps.  I didn't want this to become an advertisement, but since you asked about the app, I hope this helps.  If anyone has other questions you can send me a private message and I will answer you there so as to keep the noise out of the forum.  I am glad many of you like the reports the app produces, but I'd be deeply ashamed if I let it corrupt the great value this forum already provides.  Thanks all for your patience!

Andy Scott0o0o0, the fish don't bleed when it is so cold! ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.