Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I dunked my boat into Travis over at Mansfield for a little bit this evening so that I could do some work on my trailer. I arrived at the lake around 3:30 and by the time I got what needed to be done on my trailer done and arrived at where I wanted to fish it was around 4:30. I only fished for about an hour as I got off the water at about 5:30. I decided that since I had such little time to fish, I was going to just pick a bank with some rocks and docks and stick to fishing a jig the whole time. Good decision. I threw a 1/4oz brown Bass Stalker finesse jig with a rootbeer colored twintail grub for a trailer. I ended up catching 10 fish in an hour, with 5 of those being tournament legal fish. I lost the first fish I hooked that looked like he was pushing 3lbs, but followed it up with 3 more keeper blacks that were all 14-16". All of the keepers were FAT and chunky. Healthiest looking Travis bass I've seen all year. My other two keepers were two chunky 14" guadalupes. Most of my bites came in 2-8ft of water, but I did catch a couple in as deep as 20ft. The dock walkways or brush real close to the shoreline were the money spots, but a couple of fish did just come off of bare rock. No pigs tonight, but it was a pretty fun hour. And oh yes, the water temp was 62 and the wind started off pretty stiff for the first 30 mintues, but the last 30 minutes was pretty calm.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
rocks,docks and a good creek bend next to the shoreline worked for me last week. blk/blue jig and drop shot were the ticket. 2- 22 ft.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.