Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Ya'll,
Has anyone out there fished on Lake Somerville lately? I'll be spending the weekend there. And the TP&W fishing report is not very helpful. All it says is that "black bass are slow". I haven't been able to find any other black bass fishing info. I would really appreciate any bit of info anyone might have.
Thanks.

Respectfully,
Jon Martinez.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I fished it a few weeks ago in a tourneyand caught 17 lbs. Early in the morning till around 11 throw frogs around lilly pads. from 11-6 flib beavers into those same pads, and from 6-till dark throw the frog. You can also throw rattle trap early around rocks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so very much! I really do appreciate it. How did you fish the Flib Beavers? Do you think using a carolina rig might work? I'll have 5, (4 thru 13 yrs) old boys fishing with me. Can you reccomend any colors? I'm thinking bright colores like white, chartreuse or maybe green...
The young men I'll be fishing with have very little angling experience. So as you can imagine, I'll need all the help I can get......
Thanks again.

Respectfully,
Jon Martinez

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MAN! Somerville was tough! All we caught was black drum. Oh! and one bass in a casting net. I threw everthing in box. Not one bite. The boys had a great time catching the drum.
We might go back in the fall, when its a little cooler.
I'd like to thank everyone for all the info....

Respectfully,
Jon Martinez

·
Registered
14 Posts
We spent 6 days there this past week. Looking for whites/hybrids....not too many.

Finally went after the blacks and boy we had fun. Mostly small/undersize ones with a few nice fish in the 3-4.5 lb range.

It was hot and STORMY, but we had a blast!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.