Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a guide trip yesterday morning on Lake Bastrop the day was a bit different with clouds and a light sprinkle. The outlet schoolies were not working very good a few here and there. My clinents caught three or four in there. I took them out to the main lake and worked frogs over grass with no luck. My last ditch effort was to get a brush hog bite and that worked for a couple of bass. Over all it was a good day to go fishing just a slow bite.

· Registered
528 Posts
them schooling bass are getting hard to catch ???

· Registered
5,343 Posts
worst trip bastrop ever yesterday evening. Got there at 5:30, cold front blew in at six. I took a rookie angler out there because I knew we'd have an easy time catching fish. Wrong. It is possible to get skunked on bastrop. embarrasing :-/

· Registered
1,183 Posts
Badfisher, the schoolies will get easier as we get later in June and into July. They stay "up" longer IMHO. At least that's been my experience the last couple of years. Go out around 9 or 10am and look for the 20 boats surrounding the schoolies and chasing them from one side of the lake to the other.

Badluck with the front, it happens. But you were out at the right time IMO......

Anyway good luck out there boys, I'll probably be out thursday and friday evening and saturday morning bite. Stop by and say hi....

Z 8)

· Registered
528 Posts
zdawg

why do the schoolies get easier as we get later in June and into July ???

· Registered
10,147 Posts
I just started fishing Bastrop last Fall. I heard that the hotter the days are better for schooling action. I have seen this on Fayette County in August and September.

I do no know why, but I would think that the shad/bait fish are pushed up from deep water by bass. I would think the oxygen might be near the bottom. I will research this topic, unless someone knows the TRUE answer! ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.