Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that a few years ago there was a topographic or contour map floating around for Lake Pflugerville. The links have went down since then. Anybody have a PDF that they are willing to share for the good of the group? Or if they know where I can find one?

Thank you!

·
Registered
66 Posts
You can go here MyTopo Free Online Topo Maps and enter Lake Pflugerville into the search bar. It is kind of tough to determine the actual lake boundary but I also found this link that shows someone's hiking trail they took around the lake Austin Explorer's Lake Pflugerville Trail Track At the second link, click on "My Topo" at the upper left corner of the map to get topo overlay.

Pretty basic maps...hope this helps.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate it, it fills the need. I was mainly looking for the deep areas to reference. This combined with a depth finder should point me in the right direction to find bass in the heat. I appreciate your help. I wonder if the foundation for that tower is still there.

·
Registered
487 Posts
While searching through the City of Pflugerville Parks Department web site I came across a Lake Pflugerville contour map the Parks Department has recently put up that even shows the locations of debris piles and submerged trees.
:secret:​

The map is located at https://parks.pflugervilletx.gov/Home/ShowImage?id=4494&t=636338077476532423 but you might want to save or print a copy off just in case it disappears.

For those people too pressed for time to go the website provided here is the map:

Lake Pflugerville Contour Map.jpg

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll revive this thread since I'm the OP. The lake is mainly covered in grass. That topo map they provide doesn't seem consistent with my mapping depth finder but its pretty close. As for the brush piles or trees they are kinda pointless since there is soo much grass in the lake. I do have tons of luck fishing near the grass though, never anything huge just a lot of numbers.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah you hit the white buoys the 150 yards off beach and its 20+. I see there used to be a road bed though on the original topo, I also wonder the if the tower bases are there. Or those "debris" piles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts